Managers Hotline – Supporting Positive Leadership
Research shows that supportive leadership is a major determinant of morale. Supportive Managers are those who demonstrate empathy and approachability, provide support, display role modelling behaviours, delegate properly, reward and recognise success and those that proactively engage with at risk staff.
Lifeskills Australia recognises the need to support managers engaging with staff who are facing mental health challenges. Issues can often arise very quickly, which is why we need to provide an avenue of support for managers when they need it.
The Manager’s Hotline provides assistance with issues as they arise and facilitates ongoing coaching to build long-term skills. Managers and team leaders are able to consult with Clinical Professionals via phone or in face-to-face sessions. While any decision making ultimately stays with the manager, the hotline allows managers to cooperatively formulate strategies and talk through how best to deal with difficult situations, to ensure the best preparation and outcome.
The Manager Support Hotline assists managers with a range of issues:
- How to encourage an employee to use the EAP
- How to have helpful conversations with staff having difficulties
- Support in how to effectively communicate in the workplace
- Assistance in handling team issues around diversity
- Managing a challenging employee
- Managing an employee who is behaving unusually
- Dealing with employee performance management issues (the emotional component)
- Guidance in handling serious or emergency workplace issues.
- Our Clinical Professionals provide expert advice and support to managers, giving them the confidence and skills to have difficult conversations with team members and to achieve objectives that lead to positive outcomes for employees, managers and the business.
I walked out of Lifeskills feeling…
“I was taught some great behavioural skills, coping skills and learned about myself and why I behave the way I do”
“Equipped with tools to face challenges that will come. I feel connected to myself, my partner and my children”
L.H 32Professional Boxer
“ Clearer about decisions and changes I need to make to move forward and face the next chapter ”
“Confident, excited, lighter. I feel like I can breathe again”
“Ready to get back into it and stand in me again. Stronger, lighter, empowered!”
“ Revitalised and with a deeper view on the next chapter of life and career. ”
C.H 39Business Owner
“ Ready to address the next chapter with confidence. ”
“ I have a better understanding of why I am the way I am and that to have a healthy relationship I need to first take care of myself. ”
“ Accomplished, ready to get on with my life in a cleaner more honest way. ”
S.P 30Sales Adviser
“ I have purpose – and control of my life. ”
Website by BeMedia