4 Day Intensive Seminar
Lifeskills Australia’s 4-Day Intensive Seminar will unlock the real power of listening to help you know how to respond and NOT react to difficult situations.
It takes courage to ‘draw the line.’ It means that you know it’s time to take responsibility and look towards the future. It means you’re thinking about what’s possible for you.
Drawing the line means that you move away from laying blame and continuously justifying your actions – or lack of them. You move away from hiding behind excuses.
Making this shift on your own won’t be easy. It will raise questions for you. Questions like:
- Why do I often feel the way I do?
- Why can dealing with some people leave me feeling anxious, frustrated or inept?
- Why can’t I understand the way I behave?
Unlock the real power of listening
Lifeskills Seminars will also show you what happens when you work hard at listening and when you feel you are truly being listened to.
Sometimes we underestimate the “work” of listening. Think about your own recent experience. Maybe you’ve been trying to:
- Remember the real meaning of what your manager said to you
- Understand just what your partner or child is trying to say to you
- Contain your frustration when people basically ignore what you’ve said
When you push yourself to really listen and communicate well, the effect can be immeasurable. You’ll gain the trust and respect of the person you are listening to and discover a depth and appreciation in them they’ve never felt before.
But don’t just take our word for it. Look at how other people have benefited from Lifeskills Seminars…
“I walked into Lifeskills Centre feeling apprehensive, still excited but thinking ‘shit I don’t really want to be here!’ I walked out of Life Skills feeling lighter, proud, more content and with greater understanding about myself, especially regarding my place and in the family and my relationships within the family.”
“I liked meeting other people who I never thought had similar problems to me. Also seeing the pennies drop for others and myself. And – bursting my own bubble on what is causing my own problems.”
“I now feel empowered. I learnt how to forgive and let go of my pain. I’m appreciative of the difficult times I have been through and will still go through and finding the gift in them and being thankful and grateful.”
By the time you have successfully completed a Lifeskills Seminar you will:
- Have more answers than questions
- Be able to recognise destructive patterns of behaviour in yourself and others
- Know how to respond, NOT react to difficult situations
- Understand where you have been and why you are the person you are
- See where you are now and have a clearer vision of where you want to be
- Appreciate the people in your life for the better
- Be more resilient to anxiety, stress and unnecessary heartache
- Be well on your way to reaching your full potential and living the life you deserve
Lifeskills Seminars FAQs
Q. How do I know if the seminar really is for me?
A. We provide a 30 minute FREE consult before each seminar to ensure that the seminar is the most appropriate option for you.
Q. How long do they run for?
A. Monday – Thursday from 9.00am until late.
November 8 – 11, 2021
Dec 13 – 16, 2021
Q. Will I need the whole day?
A. Absolutely! Our Seminars start at 9am each day and can run late into the evenings. Please make it a priority to block out all other commitments for the whole four days.
Q. How much does it cost?
Here is an Attendee Testimonial and Review
Seminar Dates for 2021
Next seminar dates April 19, 20, 21, and 22
Next seminar dates June 14, 15, 16, and 17
Next seminar dates August 9, 10, 11, and 12
Next seminar dates November 8, 9, 10 and 11
Next seminar dates December 13, 14, 15, and 16
Attendee Testimonial Videos
Seminar Application Form
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SEMINAR ENROLMENT
- Incomplete Enrolment Forms will not be processed
- Counselling and Lifeskills Seminar has the absolute discretion to reject any application for enrolment from any person without having to provide reasons or otherwise be accountable for such refusal.
- Counselling and Lifeskills Seminar is not, and is not intended to be or to be represented as, psychological or psychiatric treatment therapy
- Counselling and Lifeskills Seminars are a facilitation process only. There are no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ outcomes form a Counselling and Lifeskills Seminar, only personal outcomes
- All participants acknowledge and agree that Counselling and Lifeskills Seminar are personal and subjective experiences that can sometimes involve moments of high emotion
- To achieve the best outcomes, full participation is a prerequisite of every participant for the duration of the Seminar
- Counselling and Lifeskills Seminar facilitators place a very high value on your privacy and to providing you with expert facilitative support during your participation in the Seminar.
- Counselling and Lifeskills Seminar shall use their best endeavours to keep all information provided at the Seminar confidential save for:
- where it is required to disclose this information by any applicable law or legally binding order;
- it is in the public domain other than as a result of a breach of this clause.
- Seminar Fees: payment in full must be made no later than 10 working days prior to date of the Seminar, and any cancellation prior to the commencement of the Seminar which occurs through no fault of the Convenor shall be subject to a cancellation fee which shall be determined at the absolute discretion of the convenor.
- Written parental consent is required for participation by any persons under the age of 18 years.
- The participant acknowledges and agrees that he or she shall not be entitled to a refund in the event that they leave the Seminar prior to its completion or in the event that they are not happy with its content or form or otherwise are unhappy with the Seminar or any part thereof.
- The participant also acknowledges and agrees that there is no guarantee of any particular outcome from such Seminar and the value or utility that each participant obtains from such Seminar is a subjective matter that varies from participant to participant and depends on a large number of variables
Seminar Enrolment Application Form
Lifeskills Booking and Payment Form
Lifeskills Seminar Pre Info and Location Sheet
The following information is provided in our effort to ensure you get the best possible benefits from your Lifeskills Seminar. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible. If you have any special needs or concerns please call the Centre before the seminar commencement date.
9AM EACH MORNING
(No definite finishing time so please do not make any plans for the 4 days)
Unit 7 -75 Robinson Street, Belmont 6104
All day street parking as available
What to wear:
Comfortable clothing is essential in any seminar that extends over several hours, so casual, loose-fitting clothing is recommended. Please bring a cardigan or jacket as the room can get cold. Participants are also encouraged to take short breaks, go for a walk and get some fresh air so make sure you wear comfortable shoes and appropriate weather gear. Many participants appreciate the use of our shower facilities, so it is wise to bring along a change of clothes and toiletries.
Food & Refreshments:
Coffee, tea, water, biscuits, nuts and fruit is supplied for the full 4 day duration. Please advise in advance if you have any nut/food allergies we need to be aware of.
Whilst lunch and dinner is not provided, there is a good selection of food outlets at the Belmont shopping centre. If you prefer to bring your own meal, we have a full kitchen facility with a fridge, microwave, plates and utensils.
What not to bring:
If possible, please leave mobile phones at home. If you need to bring your mobile phone it must be switched off during the seminar. We recommend that mobile phones are not used at all for the duration of the seminar, whether in session or not; it is very important not to be distracted from what you are doing as we only wish the very best possible end result for you. Please check with us if you have to make a call or have your mobile turned on during breaks.
No illicit drugs or alcohol of any kind is allowed or tolerated before or during the Seminar. Medication or prescription drugs are permitted but must be disclosed and detailed on the Seminar Application Form.
Why Choose Lifeskills Australia?
I walked out of Lifeskills feeling…
“I was taught some great behavioural skills, coping skills and learned about myself and why I behave the way I do”
“Equipped with tools to face challenges that will come. I feel connected to myself, my partner and my children”
“ Clearer about decisions and changes I need to make to move forward and face the next chapter ”
“Confident, excited, lighter. I feel like I can breathe again”
“Ready to get back into it and stand in me again. Stronger, lighter, empowered!”
“ Revitalised and with a deeper view on the next chapter of life and career. ”
“ Ready to address the next chapter with confidence. ”
“ I have a better understanding of why I am the way I am and that to have a healthy relationship I need to first take care of myself. ”
“ Accomplished, ready to get on with my life in a cleaner more honest way. ”
“ I have purpose – and control of my life. ”