Do I need a referral and a valid Medicare card?
- No. However, to receive a rebate with our Registered Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist or Clinical Social Worker you will need to have a valid Mental Health Care Plan and a valid Medicare Card to receive the applicable Medicare Rebates. Contact us for more detail.
What is a Mental Health Care Plan?
- A mental health care plan is a plan that your GP uses to identify what kind of mental health issues you are experiencing and what kind of care you need. It is also used to give yourself and your doctor an understanding of what you are aiming to achieve with the help.
How do I get a Mental Health Care Plan?
- Book an appointment with your GP and discuss your mental health experiences and let them know you would like to see a therapist.
How much is a session?
- Counsellors/ Registered Social Workers/Sexologists: Individuals $176 per hour, Couples $220 per hour
- Registered Psychologist: $198 per hour (you may be entitled to a Medicare rebate of $87.45)
- Clinical Psychologists: $248 per hour (you may be entitled to a Medicare rebate of $128.40)
- Contact us for more detail.
Can I get a rebate?
- Yes. Only with the Psychologist and Social Worker if you have a valid Mental Health Care Plan and a valid Medicare card.
Will my private healthcare care cover sessions?
- It will depend on the level and type of cover you have, some private healthcare will cover Counsellors and/or Psychologists so you will need to check with your Health Fund.
What is EAP?
- An Employee Assistance Program is an employee benefit program, offered by employers to assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional wellbeing.
How do I know if I am eligible for EAP?
- You will be advised by your employer otherwise you can ask the companies HR Manager. See our EAP program.
How many sessions do I get as an EAP?
- This depends on the contract between your employer and the EAP Provider, it can be anywhere between 3 or 10 sessions per year. Contact us for more detail.
Will my boss find out?
- No. Everything discussed is strictly confidential. When appointment or payment information is sent out we use number coding system instead of names.
- However, if your employee has asked you to see the EAP Provider, both parties must sign the Consent to Release Information Agreement and/or Appointment Disclosure Statement
Can’t find an answer to a question that you have? please contact our office and we can help you over the phone.
Why Choose Lifeskills Australia?
I walked out of Lifeskills feeling…
“I was taught some great behavioural skills, coping skills and learned about myself and why I behave the way I do”
“Equipped with tools to face challenges that will come. I feel connected to myself, my partner and my children”
“ Clearer about decisions and changes I need to make to move forward and face the next chapter ”
“Confident, excited, lighter. I feel like I can breathe again”
“Ready to get back into it and stand in me again. Stronger, lighter, empowered!”
“ Revitalised and with a deeper view on the next chapter of life and career. ”
“ Ready to address the next chapter with confidence. ”
“ I have a better understanding of why I am the way I am and that to have a healthy relationship I need to first take care of myself. ”
“ Accomplished, ready to get on with my life in a cleaner more honest way. ”
“ I have purpose – and control of my life. ”