Do I need a referral and a valid Medicare card?
- No. However, to receive a rebate with our Psychologist or Clinical Social Worker you will need to have a valid Mental Health Care Plan and a valid Medicare Card. Contact us for more detail.
What is a Mental Health Care Plan?
- A mental health care plan is a plan that your GP uses to identify what kind of mental health issues you are experiencing and what kind of care you need. It is also used to give yourself and your doctor an understanding of what you are aiming to achieve with the help.
How do I get a Mental Health Care Plan?
- Book an appointment with your GP and discuss your mental health experiences and let them know you would like to see a therapist.
How much is a session?
- Counsellor: $176 an hour
- Sexologist: $176 an hour
- Clinical Social Worker: $176 an hour – with a Mental Health Care Plan you can get a rebate of $74 the out of pocket cost is $104
- Psychologist: $198 an hour – with a Mental Health Care Plan you can get a rebate of $84 the out of pocket cost is $114
- Out of pocket cost for Bulk Billing (available with the Social Worker and Psychologist) is $36
Do you Bulk Bill?
- Yes. To be eligible for Bulk Billing you must have the following;
▪ Pension/ Concession or Health Care card
▪ Mental Health Care Plan from your GP
▪ Medicare card
Can I get a rebate?
- Yes. Only with the Psychologist and Social Worker if you have a valid Mental Health Care Plan and a valid Medicare card.
Will my private healthcare care cover sessions?
- Most private healthcare will not cover counsellors. However, some may cover psychologists.
What is EAP?
- An Employee Assistance Program is an employee benefit program, offered by employers to assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional wellbeing.
How do I know if I am eligible for EAP?
- You will be advised by your employer otherwise you can ask the companies HR Manager. See our EAP program.
How many sessions do I get as an EAP?
- This depends on the contract between your employer and the provider, it can be anywhere between 3 or 10 until we help you achieve your outcome.
Will my boss find out?
- No. Everything discussed is strictly confidential. When appointment or payment information is sent out we use number coding system instead of names.
- However, if your employee has asked you to see the EAP Provider, both parties must sign the Consent to Release Information Agreement and/or Appointment Disclosure Statement
Can’t find an answer to a question that you have? please contact our office and we can help you over the phone.
Why Choose Lifeskills Australia?
I walked out of Lifeskills feeling…
“I was taught some great behavioural skills, coping skills and learned about myself and why I behave the way I do”
“Equipped with tools to face challenges that will come. I feel connected to myself, my partner and my children”
L.H 32Professional Boxer
“ Clearer about decisions and changes I need to make to move forward and face the next chapter ”
“Confident, excited, lighter. I feel like I can breathe again”
“Ready to get back into it and stand in me again. Stronger, lighter, empowered!”
“ Revitalised and with a deeper view on the next chapter of life and career. ”
C.H 39Business Owner
“ Ready to address the next chapter with confidence. ”
“ I have a better understanding of why I am the way I am and that to have a healthy relationship I need to first take care of myself. ”
“ Accomplished, ready to get on with my life in a cleaner more honest way. ”
S.P 30Sales Adviser
“ I have purpose – and control of my life. ”