The Lifeskills Seminar will unlock the real power of listening to help you know how to respond and NOT react to difficult situations.
It takes courage to ‘draw the line.’ It means that you know it’s time to take responsibility and look towards the future. It means you’re thinking about what’s possible for you.
Drawing the line means that you move away from laying blame and continuously justifying your actions – or lack of them. You move away from hiding behind excuses.
Making this shift on your own won’t be easy. It will raise questions for you. Questions like:
- Why do I often feel the way I do?
- Why can dealing with some people leave me feeling anxious, frustrated or inept?
- Why can’t I understand the way I behave?
- Why is my life like groundhog day?
Unlock the real power of being heard
- Do you feel frustration when people ignore what you’ve said?
- Do you wonder why no one listens when you talk?
- Do you feel as if you’re invisible?
- Are you communicating like a child or like an adult?
But don’t just take our word for it. Look at how other people have benefited from Lifeskills Seminars…
“I walked into Lifeskills Centre feeling apprehensive, still excited but thinking ‘shit I don’t really want to be here!’ I walked out of Life Skills feeling lighter, proud, more content and with greater understanding about myself, especially regarding my place and in the family and my relationships within the family.”
“I liked meeting other people who I never thought had similar problems to me. Also seeing the pennies drop for others and myself. And – bursting my own bubble on what is causing my own problems.”
“I now feel empowered. I learnt how to forgive and let go of my pain. I’m appreciative of the difficult times I have been through and will still go through and finding the gift in them and being thankful and grateful.”
By the time you have successfully completed a Lifeskills Seminar you will:
- Have more answers than questions
- Be able to recognise destructive patterns of behaviour in yourself and others
- Know how to respond, NOT react to difficult situations
- Understand where you have been and why you are the person you are
- See where you are now and have a clearer vision of where you want to be
- Be more resilient to anxiety, stress and unnecessary heartache
- Be well on your way to reaching your full potential and living the life you deserve
Lifeskills Seminars FAQs
Q. How do I know if the seminar really is for me?
A. We provide a 30 minute FREE consult before each seminar to ensure that the seminar is the most appropriate option for you.
Q. How long do they run for?
A. For two days from 9.00am until late.
Q. Will I need the whole day?
A. Absolutely! Our Seminar start at 9am each day and can run into the evenings. Please make it a priority to block out all other commitments for the whole two days.
Q. How much does it cost?
A. $880 Inc GST
Seminar Dates for 2022
February 17 – 20.
May 19 – 22.
August 20 – 21.
November 19 – 20.
Attendee Testimonial Videos
Seminar Application Form
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SEMINAR ENROLMENT
- Incomplete Enrolment Forms will not be processed
- Lifeskills Australia has the absolute discretion to reject any application for enrolment from any person without having to provide reasons or otherwise be accountable for such refusal.
- The Lifeskills Seminar is not and is not intended to be or to be represented as, psychological or psychiatric treatment therapy
- The Lifeskills Seminar is a facilitation process only. There are no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ outcomes from a Lifeskills Seminar, only personal outcomes
- All participants acknowledge and agree that the Lifeskills Seminar is personal and subjective experiences that can sometimes involve moments of high emotion
- To achieve the best outcomes, full participation is a prerequisite of every participant for the duration of the seminar
- Lifeskills Seminar facilitators place a very high value on your privacy and to providing you with expert facilitative support during your participation in the seminar.
- Lifeskills Australia shall use their best endeavours to keep all information provided at the seminar confidential save for:
- where it is required to disclose this information by any applicable law or legally binding order;
- it is in the public domain other than as a result of a breach of this clause.
- Seminar Fees: payment in full must be made no later than 10 working days prior to date of the seminar, and any cancellation prior to the commencement of the seminar which occurs through no fault of the Convenor shall be subject to a cancellation fee which shall be determined at the absolute discretion of the convenor.
- Written parental consent is required for participation by any persons under the age of 18 years.
- The participant acknowledges and agrees that he or she shall not be entitled to a refund in the event that they leave the seminar prior to its completion or in the event that they are not happy with its content or form or otherwise are unhappy with the seminar or any part thereof.
- The participant also acknowledges and agrees that there is no guarantee of any particular outcome from such seminar and the value or utility that each participant obtains from such seminar is a subjective matter that varies from participant to participant and depends on a large number of variables
Seminar Enrolment Application Form
Lifeskills Booking and Payment Form
Lifeskills Seminar Pre Info and Location Sheet
The following information is provided in our effort to ensure you get the best possible benefits from you Lifeskills Seminar. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible. If you have any special needs or concerns, please call Lifeskills Australia before the seminar commencement date.
9AM EACH MORNING
(No definite finishing time so please do not make any plans for the two days)
Unit 7 -75 Robinson Street, Belmont 6104
Far left corner of the complex with the sign ‘Professional Garage Doors’ on the building, up the stairs.
All day street parking as available. Strictly no parking in the complex
What to wear:
Comfortable clothing is essential, casual, loose-fitting clothing is recommended. Please note that the room can get cold so it is recommended to bring something warm to wear. Participants are encouraged to take short breaks, go for a walk and get some fresh air so make sure you wear comfortable shoes and appropriate weather gear.
Food & Refreshments:
Coffee, tea, water, biscuits, nuts and fruit is supplied for the two days. Please advise in advance if you have any nut/food allergies we need to be aware of.
Whilst lunch and dinner are not provided, there is a good selection of food outlets nearby, at Belmont shopping centre. If you prefer to bring your own food, we have a full kitchen facility with a fridge, microwave, plates and utensils.
What not to bring:
If possible, please leave mobile phones at home. If you need to bring your phone it must be switched off during the seminar . We recommend that phones are not used at all for the duration of the seminar, whether in session or not; it is very important to not be distracted from what you are doing as we only wish the very best possible outcome for you. If an urgent call needs to be made, please let us know.
No illicit drugs or alcohol of any kind is allowed or tolerated before or during the seminar. Medication or prescription drugs are permitted but must be disclosed and detailed on the seminar application form.
Why Choose Lifeskills Australia?
I walked out of Lifeskills feeling…
“I was taught some great behavioural skills, coping skills and learned about myself and why I behave the way I do”
“Equipped with tools to face challenges that will come. I feel connected to myself, my partner and my children”
“ Clearer about decisions and changes I need to make to move forward and face the next chapter ”
“Confident, excited, lighter. I feel like I can breathe again”
“Ready to get back into it and stand in me again. Stronger, lighter, empowered!”
“ Revitalised and with a deeper view on the next chapter of life and career. ”
“ Ready to address the next chapter with confidence. ”
“ I have a better understanding of why I am the way I am and that to have a healthy relationship I need to first take care of myself. ”
“ Accomplished, ready to get on with my life in a cleaner more honest way. ”
“ I have purpose – and control of my life. ”